- Water Cooled Chiller Units range from 2 to 30 tons cooling capacity
- Variable speed compressor operates effectively between 10% and 100% of rated capacity
- Energy savings between 30% to 50% of initial investment
- Standard operating range from -10°F (-23°C) to 100°F (38°C)
- State of the art, adaptive controls with remote communication options and Industry 4.0 ready
The purpose of water cooled chillers is to remove heat from a process and transfer it to a separate cooling entity such as a cooling tower.
For large capacity industrial applications in which heat generated by air cooled chillers creates a problem, water cooled chillers are generally used in conjunction with a cooling tower.
Mineral deposits buildup in the heat transfer circuit can degrade heat transfer and reduce system efficiency, so water cooled chillers typically require condenser water treatment to eliminate any buildup.
Whether you need a water cooled chiller for industrial processing or another application, Delta T Systems guarantees that our experienced engineers can help you select the right water cooled chiller unit for your application or customize a unit to fit and function to your specifications.
When it comes to Chillers, Delta T Systems puts you in control with advanced engineering.
- Hermetically sealed variable speed compressor technology
- Energy savings between 30% and 50% of the initial investment
- Soft start
- Less wear and tear compared to compressor cycling
- Inverter drive protects compressor from power spikes
- Tight temperature control within ½ a degree
- Can overspeed compressor to obtain higher capacities
- Scroll compressors on the 40 to 60 ton models
- Stainless steel, copper brazed plate evaporator
- Non-ferrous – will not rust
- Less chance of fouling due to its inherent small channels producing high velocities keeping the channels clear.
- Variable speed condenser fan
- Operates at the most efficient point
- Lowers noise since it runs at the minimum speed required
- Electronic expansion valve
- Fine tunes the amount of refrigerant needed to maintain the system at the most efficient operating point
- Allows for a larger operating temperature range without sacrificing temperature control or adding expensive refrigeration controls
- Microchannel aluminum condenser coils (All air cooled models)
- Less refrigerant required due to smaller refrigerant tubes
- Eliminates galvanic corrosion as seen with copper tube and aluminum fin designs
- Coaxial condensers (2 to 10 ton water cooled models)
- Cleanable shell and tube condensers (20 to 60 ton water cooled models)
- Non-ferrous chilled water piping
- Evaporator inlet strainer
- Easy access and serviceability for cleaning or removal
- Larger filter area vs. a typical y-strainer equates to less time between cleanings
- Standard operating range from -10°F (-23°C) to 100°F (38°C)
- Tight temperature control to within 0.5°F
- Automatic bypass in low/no flow scenarios to protect unit
- Refrigerant suction and discharge pressure transducers
- Allows the compressor to adjust its speed to adapt to the best efficient and safe condition to reduce down time
- Actual pressure information is displayed and captured to reduce the time to troubleshoot
- Eliminates fragile copper capillary tubes
- Refrigerant suction and liquid line temperatures sensors for superheat and subcool readings
- Compressor discharge temperature sensor for compressor protection
- Chilled water in and out pressure and temperature sensors
- Tank level sensor
- Fits through a standard 36 inch doorway (needs to be 34-1/2 inches or less to meet this due to door stops)
- Small footprint (34×34 on 5 and 7.5 ton, 34×46 on 10 and 15 ton)
- Can fit in standard shipping container – tallest chiller (15 ton) is 85 inches
- Full access on all sides with lift off panels
- Separate air section so chiller can be serviced by removing panel without creating faults
- Round coil allows for locating chiller up against a wall
- NEMA 12 electrical panel
- Disconnect switch
- 24 V controls
- Finger safe electrical components
- Phase monitor
- 4 inch touch screen display
- State of the art controls
- Flexible remote communication options
- Extensive digital data collection
- Adaptive control to reduce downtime
- Proprietary Control Platform from the leader in the HVAC and refrigeration industry
- Integrated Ethernet interfaces offer a wide range of open protocols (Web server, Modbus/TCP, BACNet, FTP, DHCP, DNS, NTP) (optional)
- Cloud services (optional)
- 4 Inch Touch Screen Display
- Adaptive Control
- Uses the systems pressures, temperatures, and compressor drive information to operate the chiller at the most efficient operating point while maintaining the predefined compressor operating envelope limits
- Changes the speed of the compressor should any of the parameters approach a fault condition in order to reduce customer downtime.
- Data Logging
- Logs temperature and pressure data continually for historical reference
- Captures data at the time of an alarm event
- Remote Monitoring (optional)
- Dewpoint sensing and setpoint tracking
- 50 Hz applications without a cooling capacity derate
- Modbus RTU or BACnet MS/TP RS485 communication
- Remote start/stop
- Cooling enabled output
- Automatic water bypass
- Flow indication
- Dirty strainer indication
- Tank level indication
- Low and high level indication
- Remote display
- Overhead piping kit
- Mounting feet in lieu of casters
- No pump, no tank
- Pump, no tank
- Ship loose pump, no tank
- Auto water make-up
- 50 micron side stream filter (factory installed)
- 50 micron full flow filter (factory installed)
- Alarm horn
- Alarm strobe
- Remote alarm contacts
- Remote access to control
- UL 508a
- SNMP, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet Ethernet Communication
- Outdoor / outdoor coastal
- Dust air filters
- Anti-drain back design
- Supply and return valves
- Pump VFDs
- Medium and high pressure fans for ducted applications
Height3, Width, Depth
(with crate) (lbs)
|(1) Capacity based on 50°F LWT, 85°F condenser inlet water, maximum speed.
(2) MCA based on standard pump option. Will change with different pumps.
(3) Add approximately 6” for optional alarm horn and strobe.
A chiller equipped with a fixed speed compressor controls the temperature of the water traditionally with simple on/off of the compressor. This means that when the compressor runs, it runs at the designed load regardless of the process needs. A more advanced option is a hot gas bypass which technically keeps the chiller running but bypasses the hot gas if no cooling load is needed. This avoids the on/off of the compressor but results in a waste of energy since no cooling is required from the process.
The Delta T Systems’ industrial chiller with the variable speed compressor operates effectively between 10% and 100% of the capacity which means a 10ton chiller can operate efficiently as a 1 ton as well as up to a 10ton chiller.
The Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) conducted several studies to identify the true amount of time a chiller runs at full vs. partial load. The outcome is an integrated part load value (IPLV). The national average cost for electricity is $0.14/kw-hr. If you assume a 2 shift operation, 5 days a week for one year, the energy savings for a 10 ton chiller are $4,690 or 58% less than a chiller with a fixed speed compressor. These energy cost savings can pay for a chiller in less than 3 years.
These conservatively calculated energy savings can be much higher because most chillers are selected based on the peak usage time of the year which means the chiller is oversized for the average usage.